home about myboys kidsart recipes tutorials
speech

Tutorial Tuesday: Calendar Art

Tuesday, June 16, 2009


monkeys on the bed!


For some reason, I had a really hard time coming up with a tutorial this week. So, got a little inspiration from my hallway. This tutorial is quite simple and most likely you could figure out how to do it yourself, but sometimes seeing someone else's ideas can spark new ones! I hope that is the case, so I wanted to share how we made some simple, cheap art work for our house.

Every year after Christmas, Lucas and I hit up the calendar sales at the "big name" bookstores (I'm sure you know which ones I mean...). Lucas always gets a calendar for his desk at work and I always buy one of the artsy, "poster" style calendars for the kitchen. I always like the pictures from the calendars so much I hate having to turn the page at the end of the month...so, in order to enjoy my favorites year round, this is what I did:

Step One
: Choose your favorite picture from the calendar and cut it out along the border (I use a box cutter, but you could use scissors as well....).



Step Two: Using double sided tape, place your new art into a "floating" frame. Hang up and enjoy your new art!

The nice thing about this art, too, is that if you ever tire of it, it's not like it cost you an arm and leg--just cut yourself a new picture and you have a whole new look.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to recycle your calendars and have a pretty hallway.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Offers of food? Sign below!