home about myboys kidsart recipes tutorials
speech

Radvent Day 10: Writing

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I like to write, but I don't make time for it. Writing these responses to the Radvent prompts is more writing than I have done in a long time. I haven't done ANY creative writing in years. Creative writing always feels like an excessive use of time for something that just I am going to see. I used to attempt to write short stories, but would never finish them. Although I like to write, I think I enjoy telling stories from real life better than the creative process involved in fiction. That's not to say I wouldn't LOVE to write a children's book someday (seems to be a popular dream, but why not?). For now, though, I'll probably stick to writing blogs posts about my kids, food, and life in general. It's pretty entertaining most days :)

1 comment:

  1. I thoroughly enjoy your blog writings. I look forward to reading them. Your recounting of everyday happenings help bridge the miles between us and make me feel connected to you guys. I appreciate and applaud your writing skills. Well done.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Offers of food? Sign below!