Seems like it has been awhile since I've posted a recipe (or anything, let's be honest). The above picture is not so great, but the dinner itself was awesome! We loved it...and since we used left over chicken (from this meal), prep time was fast and dinner was on the table in 20 minutes. I made the salad earlier in the day so it had time to chill--but it would probably be good at room temp, too. Delicious, and healthy (look at all those colors!)--you will love it.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
adapted from Weelicious
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
1 small onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced (or pressed in garlic press)
approx. 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (we used leftover roast chicken...you could use rotisserie or whatever you have on hand)
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 Tbsp. olive oil
kosher salt to taste
1 head iceberg or bibb lettuce
1. Combine soy sauce, honey, and cilantro in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet. Saute onion and bell peppers in oil until softened (about 3 minutes). Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute longer.
3. Toss chicken in pan and toss to heat through.
4. Add soy sauce mixture and cook about 2 minutes, or until thickened. Season with salt.
5. To serve, tear lettuce into "cups" and wrap around chicken mixture.
Asian Noodle Salad
adapted from For the Love of Cooking
2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
2 green onions, sliced
1 red pepper, julienned
1/2 green pepper, julienned
2 carrots, julienned
1 package asian style noodles, cooked and cooled according to package directions (I used Udon)
1/2 cup rice vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1. Prepare vegetables and noodles and set aside.
2. Combine dressing ingredients--whisk thoroughly.
3. Place vegetables and cooled noodles in a large bowl and toss with dressing. Refrigerate until ready to eat.