Lucas and I decided it would be helpful to be able to see a list of all the household chores that need to be done each week. I was charged with coming up with a way to post them. My solution was this chore chart. Yes, I feel a little bit like a preschooler having to have a chore chart, but at the same time...it is so very satisfying to move the little magnets below the line when I have finished a chore!
How I made it:
- I bought a roll of adhesive magnetic tape at Hobby Lobby (1" tall).
- Cut the tape into 2.5" strips.
- Adhered a piece of white paper to each strip and wrote the name of a chore using marker.
- Stuck them on the refrigerator.
- Cut a longer strip of magnetic tape (8") and adhered some scrapbooking paper to it.
- When we finish a chore, we move it below the line. We move everything back up above the line on Sundays and start over.
That's it. I have some blanks made up if we think of some things that aren't getting done and we want to add. I didn't add any of the daily chores like dishes, cooking dinner, making beds, etc. since we don't have a problem getting those done. Just the "big ones."
So, now you know. We are 30 years old and have a chore chart. I feel better getting that out there...