home about myboys kidsart recipes tutorials
speech

Real Food, 14: Tuna Noodle Bowl

Thursday, June 3, 2010


Lincoln looooves noodles. So, we do end up having noodles for lunch fairly often around here. I try to mix it up so it isn't always mac 'n cheese (although, I think he might prefer it that way...). This combo takes about 11 minutes to throw together (that includes the 10 minutes you'll need to cook the noodles). I know not everyone is a fan of tuna. I have also made this with salmon (yummy!) and think chickpeas would be nice as well, if you don't eat fish.

Tuna Noodle Bowl
an original by me

Ingredients:
1 cup tri-color rotini noodles, prepared according to package directions
1 foil packet tuna in water (or salmon, or chickpeas)
1 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
Cajun seasoning* to taste (I ♥ Tony Cachere's. Delicious.)

Directions:
Combine tuna and noodles in a bowl. Top with cheese and season with Cajun seasoning. Yum!

*I usually take out Lincoln's portion before adding the seasoning--it is pretty spicy. I sometimes let him try it, but he usually prefers it plain...

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Offers of food? Sign below!