home about myboys kidsart recipes tutorials
speech

A Blog Party: Harvest of Friends

Friday, October 23, 2009
I've never participated in a blog party...but, procrastination on actual work is a great motivator to join in one for the first time : )  I heard about this one from the Monkey's Mama, and thought the questions would be a nice distraction from my laundry and dishes.  Most things would, really.  Now, I am jumping in towards the end of this particular party (the last day is Monday), but if you want to join me in some last minute procrastination, click the button below!

20 Weird Questions That Will Give a Little Insight Into Who You Are
(Pick whichever ones you want to use , use all of them - or make up your own)

1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while you're blogging?
Oddly enough, I'm not a big fan of eating while typing.  Can't stand the crumbs in the keyboard.  But, in general, my go to snack is chocolate chips, straight from the bag.  That also happens to be the reason it is so hard for me to make chocolate chip cookies...I generally down half the bag of chips before the batter is made.

2. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without?
Hmmm.  Tough question.  I suppose the most practical thing for me would be my contacts.  Just try wearing glasses around Handsy Mcgrabsalot while nursing.  My glasses are so out of shape that I have to rig them up with one ear piece behind my ear and the other up on the side of my head in order to make them straight.  
 
3. Beach, Mountains or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice?
The answer to this used to be beach.  Until we actually lived near a beach and practically never go there (in our defense, it is too hot for the beach until winter here...).  Now I think mountains.  Before we lived near the beach, we lived near the mountains.  I miss them way more than expected and would love to live near them again if I had a choice.

4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty?
Cleaning the bathrooms.  

5. Who do people say you remind them of?
No one famous, but I've gotten several "you look just like my "such and such" relative."  Oh wait!  I know--this isn't a famous person (or maybe even a real person...), but there is an illustration in the Dr. Sear's Baby Book that Lucas and I think looks EXACTLY like me and Lincoln.
 
6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying at home with the fam?
On all those personality tests you have to take in college Psych and Education classes, I am ALWAYS an "I" for introverted--and it isn't even close between the "I" and the "E" (for extroverted).  Parties make me nervous and stressed unless it is a party with good friends.  Plus, I married another "I."  So, it turns out, we spend most our time at home or with our friends at their homes.  I'll never understand why it is so easy for me to outgoing and hilarious (right, Lucas? I'm hilarious, back me up on this....) at home, but so incredibly hard to open my mouth up in a group setting.  But, it is what it is.  

7. What's your all time favorite movie?
The Shawshank Redemption

8. Do you sleep in your make up or remove it like a good girl every night?
I wear make-up maybe 4-5 times a year.  I'm pretty sure I remove it, but if it was worn for a wedding or something and I got home exhausted and had to put the baby to bed, than I can't be sure....

9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it?
I can name all the presidents, from Washington through Obama, in order from memory.  I can also name all the books of the New Testament in order (as can every graduate from my elementary school while Ms. Porta was there...). Memory tricks that rhyme or are set to music seem to really work for me...

10. What's one strange thing you're really good at?
I make a really good frog face.

11. What first attracted you to your spouse?
He is hilarious.

12. What is something you love to smell?
Funnel cakes, camp fires, and leaves in the fall.

13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.
I can't make decisions.  Ask my husband.  If he asks me what I'm going to order when we go out to eat, there is an almost 90% chance that I will change my mind last minute and order something different when the waiter gets to the table.

14. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?
Usually loud, unless I am laughing so hard I can't breath...then I am silent : )  My husband makes me laugh the hardest, followed by 30 Rock, SNL skits with Peyton Manning (have you seen the United Way sketch???), and the faces my son makes.


15. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Etsy and Amazon.  They have everything, and you don't have to leave your house.  However, if I am shopping "for real," then I like Target, Eddie Bauer, thrift stores, and Sur La Table.

16. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time?
Travel!

17. Who is your favorite character of all time (from a movie or book)? (Can't be real)
Anne from the Anne of Green Gables series

I omitted a few, but it was a fun way to spend the baby's nap--much more fun than laundry!

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    It's so nice to meet you! We have so many things in common.

    Loved your blog and I'll be back.

    Glad you joined the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I don't think I could name 10 presidents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay i really really wish that you had a comment box under each question because i wanted to comment about all your questions. i so loved getting to know you better this way. i think i'm going to bookmark this post to come back to for future Kelly Trivia.

    PS Love that you think you look like the Dr. Sears illustration. HILARIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to get to know you! I have just recently started reading your blog.. So Hi!! I am from Prince Edward Island, Home of Anne of Green Gables!!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Offers of food? Sign below!