home about myboys kidsart recipes tutorials
speech

Out and About in Omaha

Wednesday, April 8, 2009
For only the second time since Lincoln was born, Lucas and I ventured out on our own while Grandma and Grandpa babysat.  For our adventure out, we saw the movie Duplicity.  And we even bought movie popcorn.  And a soda.  I only checked my phone 2 times during the movie (in case I missed Grandma calling...even though I had the phone on vibrate in my pocket the whole time...).  Grandma and Grandpa reported that Lincoln did really well while we were out--he played, ate, slept, and even cried a few times (because he missed us, of course).  We may try and scoot out one more time for another "date" while Grandma and Grandpa are able to babysit.  Might go grab some dinner tonight.  Early, of course.  Must be home for Lost.

We have also been making daily field trips to downtown Omaha for lunch.  Yesterday, we met my brother at Ahmad's Persian Cuisine.  They have my favorite dish EVER--Jessun Jun (chicken with pomegranate and walnuts).  YUM.  I could eat that every day for lunch and dinner and still not get tired of it.  It is that good.

Today was another lunch outing; this time to Dixie Quicks Magnolia Room. 
This restaurant was featured on the Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" and is amazing.  We met my brother and his fiancee Lindsay there, along with my aunt Kathy and uncle Doug.  I didn't get a great group shot, but the best of the bunch is below.  I think I snapped it just before Doug smiled =(  I had eaten there before and had the gigantic french toast with berries and whipped cream.  This is a popular dish--3 people in our group ordered it today!  I had the grilled roast beef with tomatoes and cheese today.  Also tasty.


Below is a picture of my mom and Lincoln, having fun while we were at the movie.

Isn't he just the cutest?


3 comments:

  1. Your baby is ADORABLE!!! Congrats on your Fluff Friday win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting to win so much fun stuff! Your baby is just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gratz on winning!

    I remember when my baby was a few months old my parents used to babysit a few times so me and hubby could go out together. I havn't done that in a looong time! My baby is way too attached to me now for me to leave her (and I am as well!)

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Offers of food? Sign below!