Today, Lincoln is 2 months old! We have been super busy this past month. Some of Lincoln's latest milestones:
- He can now grasp and shake a rattle that we place in his hand.
- He has started cooing, which melts my heart every time.
- He has established the ability to make eye contact.
- He holds his head up and can turn it from side to side to track a sound or object.
- He has started to enjoy playing on his back, especially in his floor gym or on the sheepskin.
- He attended his first play group and park play date.
- He smiles at us when we make silly faces at him, especially first thing in the morning.
- He had his first cold (very mild).
- We think he might be teething--or pre-teething at the least.
- He has actually isolated his thumb and put it in his mouth twice all by himself.
I have not been very good about getting all the milestones recorded in his baby book...I am glad that I at least have them recorded here, even if the date is not there, we at least have the month! It has been quite an adjustment for me to learn how to manage my time during the days since I am staying home with Lincoln. For awhile, it seemed like all we did was eat, change diapers, sleep, and repeat. We have gotten into much more of a routine (although not a routine by time...more of a routine by order, if that makes sense). For now, our typical day involves the following:
between 5:45-8:00 (varies by day): wake up to eat and change diaper, get dressed, play
for about 2 hours, somewhere between 8 and 11: nap
between 11:00 and 12:00: wake up to eat, change diaper
in the afternoon sometime: go for a walk, run an errand such as grocery shopping or play group (I can manage one errand a day at the moment. Two stresses me and the baby out), play
sometime between 2 and 4:30: nap, somewhere between one and two hours
5:00: wake to eat, change diaper
5:30 or 6:00: Daddy comes home. Go get the mail, play with Daddy.
7:00: mommy and daddy eat dinner, then Lincoln usually eats again
usually during dinner for about an hour: nap
bedtime routine varies wildly by time, but includes the following: sometimes a bath, change into pajamas, listen to lullaby mobile
Asleep somewhere between 10 and midnight. Wakes anywhere between 2 and 3 times a night for feedings.
Also, you should note that on any given day (that meaning most, if not all days), there are many more diaper changes and feedings than listed. This "schedule" is just a rough outline to give you an idea of the days.
I have gotten pretty good about fitting in some house work such as laundry (have to wash those diapers!), cleaning the kitchen, and straightening the family room. I am working on keeping a cleaner house and adding in the task of managing our budget. I also hope to find time to sew more and work on items to sell. Time management is definitely a work in progress!
So, 2 months gone by already. I almost don't believe it has been that long! We are so proud of all the Lincoln has accomplished already. I have no idea how I will handle it when he actually begins to talk and says "mama" for the first time. You'll probably just find me as a puddle on the floor because he will have melted me completely. Happy 2 months, the buddy!