This mixed berry crisp is really quick to put together. If you don't have individual ramekins, you could make one big crisp in a 9x9 pan or even a round cake pan.
Mixed Berry Crisp
created by Kelly
1.5 cups blueberries
1 cup raspberries
1 cup blackberries
1-2 Tbsp. corn starch
1-2 Tbsp. sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 c. flour (I used 1/2 whole wheat, 1/2 all purpose)
3/4 c. quick oats
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. butter (cold)
1. Combine filling ingredients in a bowl and stir gently to coat the berries with the sugar and cornstarch.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, quick oats, and cinnamon.
3. Cut the butter into small cubes and cut into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter (or forks, or your hands...) until crumbly.
4. Divide berry mixture evenly between 4 ramekins*. Top each ramekin with topping mixture.
5. Place ramekins on a baking sheet (to protect your oven against bubbling over berries) and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until berries are bubbly.
To serve: top with homemade whipped cream or ice cream...both are delicious!
*Notes: You could also make this in a 8x8 square pan if you don't have ramekins. Increase the baking time to 40-45 minutes if using the 8x8 pan. If you do use the ramekins, please note that you will wind up with extra topping. I placed mine into freezer bags, tossed it in the freezer, then pulled it out again a week later when berries were on sale again. It froze great! Good thing to keep on hand if you need a last minute dessert!