Today is his 15 month birthday (well, it was when I started this post anyway)!
We have mucho milestones to share:
This is waaaay long. And, I still think I am forgetting things! So, you may find this updated in a few days when I come up with more, but for now I want to finally get it published. Once again, it is late!!
- TONS of new signs: monkey, alligator, airplane, frog, caterpillar, snake, gorilla, horse, elephant, giraffe, brush teeth, bath, water, butterfly, book, help, daddy, cat, fish, shoes, diaper.
- New words: uh oh!, vooooom, dadi (means lots of things...including daddy, vacuum, bath time, doggy), hi, vooomkaaah (the sound an ostrich makes, of course), aga (again), ba
- He can point to the following body parts if asked: hair, toes, belly button, tummy, nose (nose he can only find on other people, not himself. I'm guessing because nose is the only part he can't see on himself...)
- He is doing some pretend play--he pretends to be a dog by crawling around and eating pretend food off the floor (like Wembley), he pretends to be the very hungry caterpillar chomping through pillows, he pretends to talk on the phone (even using non-phone looking objects as "phones"--thermometers, blocks, books, etc.). He also has a pretend tool kit that he loves to use when we are outside working.
- He will "blow" his nose and wipe his own face if you give him a tissue or paper towel. This is just a quick pass, mind you, meaning I still have to follow up with my own paper towel if I don't want him walking around with mac and cheese all over his face...
- Foods he eats: he tries a lot more than he used to. Some favorites are mac n cheese (noodles of any kind, really), strawberries, oranges, ground beef, fish, and jell-o (I know, no nutritional value...but he LOVES it). We are struggling with getting him to ingest any type of vegetable--even sweet potatoes, which he used to like. Sigh.
- He has some new favorite books: anything Eric Carle, but in particular "From Head to Toe," "The Mixed Up Chameleon," and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar."
- We have added watching the video version of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" to our nighttime routine. After dinner, he signs "caterpillar" and goes to his tiny chair in the living room to watch his show while we do the dishes. It is adorable. When it ends, he signs "butterfly." Awwww.
- Sleeping: we are pretty much night-weaned now. I still nurse him to sleep most nights, but some times he surprises me and falls asleep just laying next to me instead. After he falls asleep at 7:30 or 8:00, he has been staying asleep until at least 11:00, and sometimes until 1:00 or 2:00. Lucas has been really great through the night weaning process. When Lincoln wakes in the night, he goes in and lays with him and gets him back to sleep (note: if I haven't mentioned, Lincoln is sleeping on a twin mattress on the floor in his room. Make it easy for us to lay with him to help him get back to sleep!). I don't go in until he wakes at 4:00/5:00, at which point I nurse him and get another 2 hours of sleep.
- Teething: ARRRGGH! It appears that all of Lincoln's remaining teeth are attempting to come through at the same time. This has been going on for a full month now and is completely throwing off the nighttime routine described above. The poor guy : ( His gums are sooooo swollen. It just looks painful. So sad. One did break through last night, but I have a feeling the rest are not far behind...
- He can throw a ball.
- Loves to play outside and gets really sad when we can't go out due to rain or mud.
- Tries to jump---so cute!
- Still really likes to vacuum--but only with the small vacuum. The big vacuum scares him and he hides from it.
- He is obsessed with airplanes--I swear he must have some sort of airplane radar. He will be signing airplane and smiling and I will tell him, "no, I think that is a lawn mower..." only to look up and see a tiny spec of an airplane waaaaay far away that he has noticed. It blows my mind how he sees them!!!
- He can go up the stairs and down the slide all by himself at the park.
- He loves to share with Wembley and gives him lots of snacks.
- When we are outside, he loves to look under our neighbor's garage for their 2 cats. He signs cat by pointing to his mouth. Too funny.
Some fun videos: