- Sits up in a tripod sit (uses arms to prop himself up)
- Beginning to experience object permanence (i.e., when he drops the rattle, it doesn't just disappear of the face of the earth anymore--he actually looks for it!)
- Talking up a storm! In case you are interested, I have been documenting the consonants he is using, or has ever used, even if it was just once (that's what happens when you're a speech pathologist who is not currently working and only have one child to keep your skills sharp with): /b, m, g, d, n, TH, w, r, l/.
- Laughs hysterically at peekaboo, Daddy saying the phrase "I'm an egg!", and Mommy doing sit-ups (it is pretty funny, I admit).
- Went to the beach for the first time. Score: Ocean-1, Lincoln-0. There will be a rematch!
- Pushes up all the way with arms extended, lifting tummy off the ground.
- Has become quite an "active" nurser--each meal usually ends with a new scrape, bruise, or some more missing hair for mommy.
- Puts EVERYTHING in his mouth!
- Loves to suck on his toes, especially while changing his diaper.
And, of course, we have his 5 month photo shoot! Because he is just the cutest baby ever!!
Eat those toes!
Mmmm, tasty flower.
Wembley is always trying to lick the baby--toes, hands, feet, face...this is always accompanied by the sound "Wembley, no! Stop licking the baby! Wembley! Seriously, Wem--Wembley, no more! Go get your toy. Come on, go get it. Argggh!"
Happy 5 months, Lincoln!